Monday, June 25, 2012

Wedding, Shower, and Birthday Weekend

We had a busy few days full of love and happiness this weekend! On Friday, our very good friends Shana and Dave got married (congrats again, Shave! We love you and are so incredibly excited for your life together)! At the [gorgeous] reception, Mike had the chance to tickle our funny bones, along with Adrian and Matt, as they all introduced the wedding party a la Will Ferrell announcing the Bulls. Props, boys, Dwandy gives you a big thumbs-up - you had everyone rolling! When the dancing began, we were all on the dance floor, and Dwandy even got the chance to share a song with a partner, thanks to our friend Laura. :)

Dwandy's first dance - Baby A really loved Laura's attention and groovy moves!
<3
On Saturday, we celebrated my nephew, Liam's, third birthday. I don't get to see him often (a statement that will soon be even more true after this KC move, sadly), so I gobbled EVERY moment I could steal with him. Luckily, he seemed to like me a bit, so we had several moments. :) Here's one in my car (which he wanted to stay in and drive to cousin Livvy's house).

Liam and "ZZ" - both wearing ZZ's glasses while in ZZ's car. :)
When I first saw Liam, he came up to me and requested to see my baby. I knelt down and pointed to my stomach. Then, he instructed me to lift my shirt a little so he could see my belly. I obediently followed his instruction... Not yet satisfied, he asked, "Can you open it?" HAHAHAHA I calmly explained that the baby was still growing and that we couldn't open my belly to see the baby until Christmas - like a present. Poor kid's now obsessed with the snow coming!

Liam will also apparently be teaching my future child to chop down trees (Liam the Lumberjack has a nice ring..).

When Liam was having quiet time before bed that evening, he was laying between my dad and me. He got up and decided he wanted to talk to the baby. After each of his "Hi!"s, I playfully pushed my stomach up and said, "Hi!" Despite my efforts, each time, he said, "I can't hear it!" So, he rolled over to my dad (who looks very in shape, by the way) and said, "Let me see your baby," looking expectantly at his stomach. Too funny!

Okay, last cute Liam story.. I promise! Same evening, during quiet time... sweet little Liam decides to show his affection by rubbing "my baby" in circles and then patting "my baby." Unfortunately.... his aim was a little off and his love ended up happening at a higher 'bump' on my body...one of two higher bumps... oops! It's the thought that counts, right??

On Sunday, I got to share in the happiness of my cousin's baby-to-be. She is due 5 months before me...which means she's due July 5! Morgan is a beaming and beautiful pregnant woman...radiant would probably be the best description. The company was great, the food was scrumptious, and I must admit that Dwandy and I got some excellent ideas for our own baby registry! ;) (Hey, at least I'm honest!)


No comments:

Post a Comment