Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Joyful Discovering of the Bundle

It was the Saturday before Easter 2012. End of Spring Break. Mike and I had recently returned from a Kansas City trip where we found our apartment for our July move. I had woken up with this urge to take a pregnancy test, but brushed it off. "Silly," I thought... "Not possible."

As the morning progressed, I became more curious. I thought, "Ah, why not? I have one handy, I have to use the bathroom, what's the harm?" Oh my goodness, my heart raced as I waited for the results, not sure about how I felt about either possible sign presented by the tiny little life-changing stick. When that plus sign stared into my emotion-riddled face, my jaw dropped. "Holy moly! I'm pregnant!!" (I may have had a different exclamation, but we'll keep it G-rated ;)

Of course, my brother and his buddy (our roommie at the time) were in the living room with Mike. They had said they were going to buy Cubs t-shirts, but were DAWDLING like you wouldn't believe! I have never wanted anyone out of my house with such desperation before. I was all but leading them by the hand out the door (even Mike later commented on my relentless encouragement to their departure).

Finally, they left.

I silently ran to the bathroom, marched to Mike (who was sitting in the chair with his back to me), and put the test in his view. He jerked his head up toward mine and said, "No way!" (Again, there may have been another word inserted there... lots of changes that will have to occur before Baby A arrives!) We quickly agreed to buy two additional brands of tests at Walgreen's. Mike also threw a liter of water in the basket, only to be disappointed when it didn't instantaneously go through me.

A liter of water, 30 minutes, and 2 pregnancy tests later, we had a total of 3 positive results. It was real. We were having a baby! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment