Monday, July 16, 2012

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

* First off, let me say thank-you to our friend Rosco, who re-designed the background of the blog! *
Thank-you, Rosco! :)



The Good

At a little over 19 weeks now, I am close to finding out if Baby Anderson is a girl or a boy! (Official find-out date is July 20th...stay tuned for that post!) I am finally starting to really show that I'm pregnant...woohoo! 



On our first morning in Kansas City (Tuesday, July 10th), I groggily woke up to Mike getting ready for work at 6:55am. And wouldn't you know it, so did Baby A! I felt the first movements of our precious little one that morning. It felt like a light, sweet little muscle spasm....an eye-twitch of sorts, but in my belly... so exciting! I can't wait for Mike to feel the baby, too. That day will be incredible. :)

Another 'good' is that we made our first baby nursery purchases! Teeheehee! We bought a crib and a changing table - both should be delivered next week. I cannot wait! I'll absolutely post pictures of the nursery in progress. Discovering the style I want for the nursery has definitely been an adventure. I don't see myself getting into an animal theme or transportation theme (both of which I see a lot of on websites).. don't get me wrong, some of those little elements are SUPER cute! But I want our baby's room to be a reflection of us and our happiness, since that's what the baby is. Pictures of places we've been, happy memories, family, and of course momentos of the pregnancy... a room of love. :)

The Bad
Honestly, I have had a glorious pregnancy thus far... aside from feeling nauseous for the first trimester, I have been so blessed! I feel great. (Partly because I am sleeping around 10-12 hours every night, I'm sure! I'm a lucky girl on many levels.)

But this is supposed to be the 'bad' part... so let me get to that. Though I've been sleeping a lot, it hasn't been uninterrupted! I'm a back sleeper by nature, so sleeping on my side has been a huge adjustment. I constantly wake up on my back again, even though I've tried to make my body stay on its side! Arg! Last night, I slept with a body pillow and new regular pillow (designed specifically for side-sleepers)... it was better, but my shoulders still squish and I woke up once with pain in my hips... maybe once we get our actual furniture delivered from Chicago, things will be better. I don't think pregnant women were meant to sleep on blow-up mattresses. (Not to mention that sleeping on my side facing away from Mike is difficult when the weight of his body makes my body want to roll down toward the middle! I'd sleep all snuggly and facing toward him if I didn't seriously fear that he'd punch me in the face with one of his twitches - it's happened before!) 

And then... The Dreams. Holy smokes, the weird dreams I've had while pregnant! I can't remember them right now, but you know how a CRAZY dream can totally shake you for a while after you wake up? That's what pregnant dreams have been for me. Sometimes frustrating (as in, I'm trying to teach a class of kids but no one listens, no matter what I do), sometimes scary (as in, people trying to kill me, loved ones dying), and usually too real. 

Can I also add that bras are beginning to feel like corsets? Geez-oh-peets!

The Ugly
Ahhh the digestive fun! ;) I won't go too much into detail here, but let's just say I've spent some time standing on my head lately. (Truly a great way to pass gas, and it always makes me giggle when it happens. Not a glamorous or lady-like comment, but I'm just trying to pass along the good word!) But seriously, I've looked twice as pregnant because of all the air bubbles in my belly that seem absolutely opposed to exiting in any way. Not fun. And not pretty, either. Dare I say... ugly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment