Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rock(-a-bye) Baby

Mara Lou has been a mover and a shaker for quite some time now.. for a while, she was practicing her moves largely at night when I was trying to sleep. (This habit has improved, but when I wake up to use the bathroom a few times a night, she generally thinks it's time to jam.) My mom suggested putting headphones around my tummy during the day to get her to use up some energy during my waking hours, saying that when she did this for me, I would go crazy in her belly (a foreshadowing of my affinity for music, perhaps?).

So, a trip to the dollar store for a pair of headphones later, I was ready to experiment. Apparently, Mara has a discerning ear already - she ONLY moved to Coldplay. We tried Party in the USA, Adele, some Jay-Z... totally still belly until Coldplay came back on. I mean, I can't blame her - Coldplay is awesome! But I admit that I AM a little disappointed that she didn't kick it to some rap... I had "Mar-wheezy" all ready for her to use to gain some street cred...

I needed Mike to photograph my belly because my belly button looks to me like a little mouth saying "oooooo!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment