Tuesday, November 13, 2012

La Miserable - C'est Moi

Oh boy. (Or should I say...Oh girl...)

Apparently, I am now paying for having such a lovely pregnancy...starting Sunday night / Monday morning, I woke up with a really sore back.

Which gave way to soreness from Mara seeking solace under my ribs.

Which gave way to shortness of breath - felt like she was pressing on my diaphragm so I couldn't breathe deeply.

Basically, this all lasted consistently from about 3:30 am until noon. It was like having the flu. Ugh.

A call to The Bish (doctor) basically led me to understand that, unless the diaphragm pain worsened throughout the day, this was pretty typical discomfort related to the end of pregnancy. Well, I was able to breathe normally after a while, so I just had to deal with the pain.

Last night was SUPER fun, too... sore back, feeling like I needed to throw-up, baby under the ribs. Throw in the fact that my stomach is literally being squashed by the little human inside of me, and you get a weak mama who has to force herself to eat and drink.

Blah.

I am hoping that at my appointment with The Bish this afternoon ends with him exclaiming, "Hey, great news! You're going into labor and Mara will be here in no time!"

............. a girl can dream, can't she?? ;)

Let me end this positively with some thankfulness... I am thankful for heating pads, hot showers, the ability to stay home at this time, family members to turn to, Law&Order/Bones/Sex&theCity reruns, a healthy baby, and absolutely I am thankful for my awesome amazing wonderful husband Mike, who, at 4 am last night, woke to my tosses and turns to rub my back, get me a heating pad, and coax Mara away from my rib cage. I am so lucky. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment